Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Ready to be Quilted!

At last, I've finally decided to have my Transitions top quilted.  I reserved Friday as my drop off date but hope to drop it off sooner.  Have no idea what to choose for my quilting pattern.  I was hoping to go with custom but unfortunately, that's just not in the budget at this time.


One thing I didn't think about when I picked out my fabric was my binding.  My normal thought process (yes, there is one for those of you that know me!), is to put the top together, then pick out the borders (they have to sing to me) and then worry about the binding.  I like having that little bit all the way around to frame my quilt.  I don't necessarily want the binding to fade into the borders - but, in this case, I think it probably would have worked best if they faded into the borders.  I wonder what it would look like if I used that bright green as the binding?  Hmm...

3 comments:

  1. Hi, DRQ.
    You are a girl after my own heart if you do the bright green binding. Lime green is my neutral anyway!!! I think the 'pop' on the outside edge would be a good thing and quilting with a variegated thread with some lime in it, too. You have made a lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, never thought of a thread with lime in it, too - what a great idea! I'll see what the store has to offer when I drop it off. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thinking not bad at all...love your blog name...

    ReplyDelete